Indian Rummy Rules – How to Play Rummy
Rummy is a game of skill; it is half the battle won, if you learn the basics of the game. If you are looking for a reliable and safe platform to learn Indian rummy rules and try your skill at rummy, you are at the right place.
At Rummy Millionaire, we have a fully descriptive tutorial section and you can always find help regarding the rules of Indian rummy from the tutorial section. The rules of online rummy are pretty straightforward and getting a hold of it is a breeze. If you already know how to play rummy online, these rummy rules will help you to play the game.
Some of the basic Indian rummy rules are discussed below:
Cards: The total number of players in the game decides on how many decks of cards are to be used. A single deck of card is used if there are only two players. If there are more than two players, two decks are used.
Players: The game is usually played among 2 to 6 players. 13 cards are served to each player in the game. The cards are dealt in clockwise direction. Remaining cards are moved aside facing down to create the 'Closed Deck'. The first card of the Closed Deck is taken and faced up to create the 'Open Deck'
Dealing: 13 cards are distributed among the players who are seated in the table. In online rummy, a toss is made to decide who makes the first move. A joker is selected at random from the closed deck. This acts as a substitute for the cards we are lacking to make a sequence or set (discussed below).
Joker: Jokers, as discussed earlier, they are selected at random from the closed deck (wild card Jokers). They act as a substitute for the missing cards. There are also printed joker cards which could be used in the online rummy game.
Sequence: A (pure) sequence is obtained when three or more cards of the same suit are arranged in the consecutive order. (Ex: 7♠ 8♠ 9♠ and K♦ Q♦ J♦10♦). The sequences could be made with the missing card substituted by a Joker (Ex: 3♥ 4♥ Joker 6♥) this type of sequence are called impure sequences. It is important to have at least one pure sequence for declaring the win. There should be at least one pure sequence to declare a win.
Set: A set is obtained when three or four cards of the same rank and different suits are aligned together (Ex: 7♣ 7♥ 7♦ 7♠ and A♥A♦ A♠). Similar to sequences, sets could also be substituted with joker for the missing cards. It is important to note that in order to win the game, there should at least be one set in the finishing hand.
Objective of the Game
The main objective of a rummy game is to make sequences and sets with the 13 cards that we are dealt with. When a player gets his/her turn, he/she has to pick a card from the open deck or closed deck and discard a card to the open deck. The winner is the one who makes sequences and sets with the 13 card he has.
How to Pick a Card?
- Use any of the following steps to pick a card from either Closed or Open Deck:
- Click on the Closed Deck to pick a card from the Closed Deck
- Pick a card from the Open Deck with a single click on the Open Deck
- Use the mouse to drag a card from the Open Deck to your hand cards
How to Discard a Card?
- After picking a card, use any of the following steps to discard one of your hand cards:
- Click on the card, you wish to discard, and select the discard button
- Drag the card, you wish to discard, and place it on the Open Deck
- Click on the desired card and then click on the Open Deck to discard
How to Sort and Group Cards?
- Click on the sort button to sort your hand cards
- Click on the individual cards, you wish to group, and then click on the 'Group' button
- Drag the individual cards and place them together to form a desired group
How to Finish?
- After completing the objective of the game, use any of the following steps to finish the game:
- Click on the card, you wish to select as the Finish Card, and select the 'Finish' button
- Drag the card, you wish to select as the Finish Card, and place it on the Finish Slot
- Click on the desired Finish Card and then click on the Finish Slot to finish.
How to Declare your Cards?
- Group your cards in valid sequences and sets
- Click on the 'Done' button to declare
- Select 'Yes' button to declare your cards
Register Now & Get Rich by Playing Rummy Online
Enjoyed the quick guide to playing rummy online? Head over to one of our practice tables and participate in a quick game of rummy to learn how to play rummy and hone your skills to acquire strategies which would be helpful when you start playing for cash. Our practice tables are similar to the cash tables we have on offer to help you make a smooth transition from a rookie who has little to no idea to a pro who knows everything on how to play rummy and win at it. Once you register, your account will be loaded with practice chips, which you can use to start playing on Rummy Millionaire.
Enjoy word-class casino-like gaming experience on Rummy Millionaire. If you have got the skill, this could be your time to 'break the bank'! Play with your friends in real time and earn real money. Level-up to play rummy online with the most secure platform in the industry. Play now and earn money in six-digit figures today!